Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Trip to Farmer's Market Steak Salad

A last minute trip to Farmer's Market, and the local butcher next door, inspired this simple weeknight dinner.

A favorite farmer had huge bags of delicious spring mix, so that along with a skirt steak from the butcher were my take homes. I paired it with veggies in the fridge, in this case cucumber and avocado, and my favorite local baguette.

Parents had a full salad, and the kids, who don't yet feel the lettuce love, had theirs sans salad mix.

A quick mince of some fresh herbs from the garden and a small clove of garlic made for a tasty herb butter, and the meal was on the table in under 30 minutes.

Although not for dinner, I also picked up these gorgeous baskets, a true feast for the eyes. They even got catcalled as I hauled them back to the car by a passerby who whistled and cooed, "Ooohh, basket envy." Aren't they gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment