Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Best Baby Holdovers

When my kids outgrow things, I try to quickly purge the house of anything they don't need anymore. However, there are a few items I picked up for babies that I'm keeping around for the long-haul. Although sold at my favorite baby store, they're great for anybody with kids and pets.

Here is a short list of my tried-and-true favorites:

Boon Grass: For years this held baby bottle supplies, and now it happily holds copper mugs, stove top espresso maker parts, my favorite wooden spoon, and anything else that needs to air dry. It's the perfect size and looks way cooler than ordinary drying racks.



Allen's Stink Out: This amazing laundry additive, that I relied on when washing cloth diaper covers, is incredible at neutralizing, not covering up, bad odors. I now toss it in the laundry when I'm tackling any other stinky problems like: sweaty pits, potty training undies, pet beds, and sports funk.
Blueberry mattress pad: These are great for placing over the pillow of a nauseous kid or under a sick dog. I also have them under the fitted sheet on my kid's bed for random accidents at 3 a.m. so that I only have to change the sheet and not the mattress pad. When one of my littles was having lots of nighttime accidents, I did a double layer (mattress pad, fitted sheet, mattress pad, fitted sheet) so I didn't have to put on a new set of bedding in the middle of the night. I have three for my two kids, and I use them all the time.
Planet Wise medium wet bag: Bring it to the pool for taking wet suits home. Keep one in your purse for emergencies. Load it up with a spare change of clothes for the car or your kid's backpack. I like to use the large wet bags to bring home dirty clothes from vacation, too. 




What are your favorite holdovers that you bought for little kids and still find use for?


No comments:

Post a Comment