Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Spring Things I'm Into


What am I into now that spring is rolling around and we have less than two months of school (yay!) left? I have a tall stack of books I'm happily making my way through, lots of fun getaways with friends and my family in the works, and a couple other things keeping me out of trouble. Here are some of my favorite things I've been watching, listening to, reading, and doing lately. 



We just binge watched Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat, and I get why everyone loves Samin's easy laugh and insightful approach to food prep.


I'm absolutely hooked on Dax Shepard's Armchair Expert podcast; I listen to it when I'm folding laundry (yay for making my most mundane task interesting!), driving in the car (minus kids), and walking the dog. I love his reflective, humorous conversations with guests, and his Michigan connection is a bonus for sure.


We're really into graphic novels at my house right now: my book club is reading March I for this month and March II and III for June; my second grader loves Dog Man, full color Captain Underpants, and this (kind of gruesome) series about war; my kindergartner is 100% obsessed with the Narwhal and Jelly series. A buddy just shared this podcast from graphic novel expert Scott McCloud, and it's great if you're interested in getting to know the genre.
Finally, I'm so glad my friend Soyeon encouraged me to sign up for a pottery class this spring. It's  three wonderful hours of making, chatting, and being in the company of some awesome people. I've never considered myself a maker of any art, and I love that this class has me seeing myself in a new light.

[Tile images from the inspiring Pewabic Pottery in Detroit.]

No comments:

Post a Comment