Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Buddy Bed: Best Use for a Repurposed Crib Mattress


When my youngest transitioned out of her crib, I scorned the idea of throwing out the expensive mattress and felt a little icky selling something that had been so, well, clean but previously peed on.

I put her cutest crib sheet on it and shoved it under her bed, vowing to think of something to do with it. Inspiration struck a short time later when my pre-school aged niece spent the night. She opted to sleep in our loft on the couch, but she then insisted on sleeping on the floor.

Remembering the spare crib mattress in the other room, I pulled it into the loft to reveal The Buddy Bed. It was more than big enough for her, and she loved sleeping on it.

We use The Buddy Bed for visiting cousins who spend the night, when one of our kids is sick and wants to sleep in our room, and occasionally for my daughter's naps when she just wants a change of scenery from her regular bed. After an ear ache left her cranky and sleeping in our room on The Buddy Bed, my five-year-old even begged for a turn on The Buddy Bed.

I think half of the reason The Buddy Bed is such a hit is because of the name. It just sounds fun.

What have you done to repurpose your old baby gear? Do you have an inventive use that gives new life to baby products?

No comments:

Post a Comment