Search This Blog

Friday, April 7, 2017

Freeform Friday


Our week of vacation is still in high-gear, and this weekend I'm taking the kids to two local, zany and amazing festivals that we make it to each year (including the eve of my daughter's birth). We're also celebrating my husband's return from a long work trip abroad, and the kids are super excited to see what he brought them from Italy. Paired with a book club to discuss The Handmaid's Tale, this party isn't slowing down until Sunday night.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend, and I hope you enjoy my favorite links from around the web.

What I'd give for one of these to go with our tall bookshelves.

Does your house suffer from McMansion Hell (on this hilarious scale)?

perfect visual metaphor.

Vintage behind-the-scenes photos from Beetlejuice.

The inspiration for my four-year-old's birthday tea party.

Fun additions for Easter baskets.

Celebrate National Poetry Month!

How to help a grieving friend.

Appreciating thin slices of joy (and how doing so helps abate jealous or sad feelings).

The grammar version of Banksy.

The problem with shunning women as dining companions.

The world needs more groups like Knitted Knockers.

Fun with anagrams.

Paper cutouts bring new life to familiar landmarks.

Great Lake or ocean?

[Photo of my son staying warm at FoolMoon in 2014.]




No comments:

Post a Comment