Search This Blog

Friday, June 9, 2017

Freeform Friday


What. A. Week. From a trip to urgent care to saying goodbye to some favorite students, I'm ready for the weekend. It's a busy one with lots of time with friends, including book club and dressing up for a gala afterglow my amazing sister organized, and graduation party hopping with my kids.

I hope your weekend is a good one, and I hope you enjoy my favorite links from the past week.

For your viewing pleasure, the Sexy Justice League.

New short fiction from Sherman Alexie (swoon). 

Why David Sedaris' diary is funnier than most things you read (and offers a compelling reason to buy his new book).

Bob Dylan's Nobel lecture with nods to other great works of literature. 


“Why I (Only) Make Films in the Midwest.”

Many congratulations to Amal Clooney and her husband, that guy from Intolerable Cruelty.

How to raise a feminist son.

Kids from the 90s, rejoice: Clearly Canadian is back.

Have you tried rosato yet?

Macaroon vs macaron.

What to have for lunch when you don't feel like making lunch.

[Photo credit: Ann Arbor Organic U-Pick Strawberries.]

No comments:

Post a Comment