Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2017

Freeform Friday



With  weather in the 80s this weekend, I'm planning on soaking up the last days of summer by digging in the garden, having dinner and drinks on the porch, and going on a loooong bike ride with my husband and kids. Weekends just aren't long enough when the weather is this nice.

I hope you have a lovely weekend, and I hope you enjoy my favorite links from the past week.

The Disaster Artist looks out of control funny.

“God damn it, I need dry corn stalks now."

I've worn this and this recently, and they both get compliments galore.

Ten YA books that tackle racism.

What an all girl Lord of the Flies would look like.

Disturbing but not especially surprising -- "Hotter," "lesbian," "feminize": How some economists discuss their female colleagues.

How about a standing ovation for this quick thinking girl?

A powerful art installation: "What Were You Wearing?"

I know I'm late to the Pod Save America game, but this is on my listen list.

Fun with art museum Doppelgängers.

Taking slow cookers to the next level (including my trick for hot dogs for a crowd).

[Photo by Courtney Hillis on Instagram.]

No comments:

Post a Comment