Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2018

Freeform Friday


Over dinner, my son recently asked what our favorite day of the week is, and without hesitating I replied, "Saturday!" The lack of pressure that Saturday brings with it is an elixir for the soul, and when we get a rare four-day weekend, it feels like we get three Saturdays in a row. Ever grateful for this extra-long weekend, we're taking full advantage with a short road trip to visit family, dinner with friends, and an exciting show with the kids.

I hope you have a lovely weekend, and I hope you enjoy my favorite links from the past week.

New erotica for feminists.

R.B.G. is a judicial rock star.

Building block skills taken to the next level.

Looking forward to celebrating the release of school with the release of The Incredibles II.

Cold winter days have me dreaming of cozy, sun-filled houses like this.

A real American hero.

Plagiarism software unveils a new source for 11 of Shakespeare’s plays.

Reading Ovid in the age of #MeToo.

An ambitious project to photograph all 531 standing Frank Lloyd Wright buildings.

My brain is in overdrive over the amazing presidential portraits released earlier this week, and now I'm itching to get to the DIA to see this famous portrait.

This presidential face-swap is the stuff of my dreams, folks.

"No way to prevent this," says only nation where this regularly happens.

Russian bots flooded Twitter after Parkland shooting.

[Image from Ina Garten that *almost* make me wish I still worked in a flower shop.]



No comments:

Post a Comment