Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Book List


One of the great joys of summer is imagining a new book poking out of my pool bag, ripe and ready to read.

With the end of the school year upon us (yay!), I'm ready to start tackling my summer reading list. Here are some great books I've read recently and others I'm looking forward to.

Graphic novels:

 Americus by MK Reed


      Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

Non-fiction:

Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson


        Essays After Eighty by Donald Hall (Don't let the cover scare you off!)

     Novels, YA, etc.:

        Landline by Rainbow Rowell

      The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
  
      The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

        Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley

        The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker

       Out of the Easyby Ruta Sepetys

        The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin 

  
Check out this great list of 14 summer reads that sent me straight to my library website where I placed holds on almost every one.

A quick aside: I hope you'll pick on my local love and notice that I'm bucking the blogging trend to link books to Amazon. Screw Amazon. Seriously. Especially when it comes to books.

Get out and walk up and down the aisles of your local book stores. Smell the books. Talk to the incredibly awesome people who work in book stores (also known in my head as dream job #3). Keep your money local. It matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment