Search This Blog

Friday, March 24, 2017

Freeform Friday


With spring's warmth sneaking into the forecast, we rushed home from work so we could sit on the deck in the sun. Let me tell you -- after five months cooped up inside, it felt grand. Another sign of spring is the Ann Arbor Film Festival, the longest running independent experimental film fest in the country; I'm headed there tomorrow for an all ages show with my little and later for a series my Film as Lit class is sponsoring. We also get to celebrate my daughter's fourth birthday a little early with a brunch full with her favorite foods -- a waffle bar, broccoli and cheese frittata, and chocolate and peanut butter cake from our favorite local bakery. Delish!

I hope you have a delightful weekend, and I hope you enjoy clicking through some of my favorite links from the past week.

Move over Jim Morrison; make room for Justin Trudeau.

The secret to having laid back but lovely dinner parties.

Nothing is sweeter than old news photos of spring happenings.

High heels, violins, and a warning.

These 25 mini-documentaries should be on your watch-list.

PBS vs. Donald Grump.

In case you missed it, here's the history of Sesame Street's parody, Donald Grump.

More parody if you're in the mood.

How about adding this solar flower to your garden?

Margaret Atwood’s classic feminist novel Handmaid's Tale was present and not to be missed in Texas. 

On a related note, this Hulu series looks chilling. So glad my book club will have the book finished before it comes out.

What food experts eat for lunch.

Super cute tooth fairy dolls for your toothless wonder.

[Photo from Our Moveable Feast on Instagram.]

No comments:

Post a Comment