Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Personal Summer Blockbuster

One of the great pleasures of summer vacation is watching a single, favorite movie over and over until you know all the best lines. I like to think of it as a personal summer blockbuster.

When I was in late elementary school my siblings and I watched One Crazy Summer approximately 1,000 times. It is a perfect time capsule from the '80s and forever influenced the way we said "chili dog." Another summer we somehow convinced my brothers to watch Grease until we could sing every song and felt born to hand jive.

Last summer, my kids had their first summer blockbuster and watched My Neighbor Totoro on repeat, and my daughter loved it so much she dressed as Totoro for Halloween. I can't wait to see what they will pick this summer.


What is your most memorable personal summer blockbuster? What movie did you obsessively watch as a kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment