Search This Blog

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Festivus Airing of Grievances


With the season of Festivus nearly upon us, here is a playful (and kinda' snarky) conversation starter for your next holiday party. The idea came from a recent girl's weekend --  we chitchatted about our unusual gripes, our "airing of grievances," and it had us in hysterics. I bet it will do the same for you and your fellow party guests.

To get this party started, here are my airing of grievances. I've got a lotta problems with:

Secret Santa: Why do I need to go out and buy a $20 gift card to exchange with a co-worker for another $20 gift card. Like I need one more gift to buy in December.

Small plates restaurants: I don't want to pay $16 for four bites of fancy-ish chicken pot pie with crumble topping. This offends my sense of thriftiness and my love for food.

TED Talks: Ugh. Why do speakers volunteer to talk to a crowd and TED gets all the money collected at the door? Why do they pace all over the stage?

What are your three particular, maybe even odd, grievances? What things irk you more than most?

No comments:

Post a Comment