Search This Blog

Friday, December 1, 2017

Freeform Friday


December is here, and so is the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Tonight I'm headed to a fundraiser for my alma mater where my favorite teacher ever and old chum from my field hockey days are both being inducted, tomorrow we're celebrating my son's seventh birthday (seven!!!), and I'm attending a birthday brunch for one of my favorite non-profits. Capped off with a sing-a-long for the kids Sunday afternoon, it is a weekend full of wonderfully busy events to hop to and from.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you enjoy my favorite links from the past week.

Stop what you're doing and go to Neil Young's open, free archive that just launched today.

A dozen and half books to read before they're turned into movies in 2018.

As a teacher of lit and film, the problem with the art of monstrous men is real.

Today I'm rockin' this movie T-shirt thanks to a gift from a Spike Lee loving former student.

An aquarium in Detroit has a secret speakeasy from Prohibition. What the what?

Take a literary journey through 196 countries.

The history of the selfie made me laugh.

Aaaannnd so did these White House Christmas memes.

This is such a dreamy subscription gift to give or get.

I adore woodblock carvings, and this artist creates beautiful prints.

The perfect scarf for your favorite bibliophile.

My Made in Michigan gift guide has you covered for lots of local shops with great gifts and experiences to give this holiday season.

[Photo from Visit Ann Arbor on Instagram.]


No comments:

Post a Comment