Search This Blog

Friday, January 5, 2018

Freeform Friday


After a lovely week away, I'm trying to check off the final items on my vacation to-do list (like printing photos from the last 2.5 years). I'm also excited to head to book club on Sunday because my lovely friend with a beautiful home perched above a lake is hosting, and we're talking about a great book that has clear connections to the only show I've obsessively watched in years.

I hope you have a cozy weekend, and I hope you enjoy my favorite links from the past week.

Two dying memoirists wrote bestsellers about their final days. Then their spouses fell in love.

A great mix of humor and remorse in a new essay from David Sedaris.

Hat's off to Iceland for putting their money where their mouth is when it comes to equal pay for women. 

A bad ass protest poem from Sherman Alexie.

Thank you to Pete Souza for bringing some humor and cutting commentary to a wild 2017.

What best movies from 2017 are still on your list?

If you're looking for a great Instagram with historical photos, check out this and this.

(Photo from The Village on Instagram.)

No comments:

Post a Comment